The U.S. fiancee Visa in Thailand will allow you as a US citizen to take your Thai fiancee to the United States for the express purpose of getting married when arriving in the United States. There is a list of the basic requirements for the US Visa in Thailand as listed below. Please take note that it is always prudent to talk to an immigration lawyer in the Kingdom of Thailand for more legal guidance. The following are the basic requirements for the US visa in Thailand.
- The sponsor of the visa must be a US citizen;
- The parties must have met in person within the last 2 years;
- Both parties must pass a criminal review;
- The applicant must complete the medical exam;
- The sponsor must meet the financial requirements for the visa;
- Both parties must be single and free to marry;
- Both must plan to marry within 90 of arriving back in the US;
The application process for the K1 Visa is as follows:
- The petition is submitted to the USCIS;
- Once approved it is sent to the NVC (National Visa Center);
- Once the NVC approves it the documents are sent to the US Embassy;
- The US Embassy in Bangkok will notify the applicant of the interview.
The U.S. embassy in Thailand and the application needs to be shown that it is a valid relationship such as telephone bills, photos, your emails and also letters. Speak to our immigration lawyers in Bangkok about your US Visa in Thailand. With offices in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, and Chiang Mai we are best able to assist you with your Thai fiancee and her visa application for the US Visa in Thailand.