Retirement in Thailand
Retirement Visa for Thailand
Everyone wants to retire in Thailand with its low cost of living and warm climate. Consider applying for a retirement visa in Thailand and let us guide you through the retirement visa requirements in Thailand. The Thai retirement visa in the Kingdom of Thailand is officially called the “O-A” Visa and this retirement visa is valid for 3 months once it has been issued at the Thai Embassy in Asia or abroad and can also be extended without leaving Thailand for a full 12 months in Bangkok. This 1 year visa is then renewed each year after it has been extended. Speak to our Thai immigration lawyers about bringing your household goods that you might still have at home into Thailand and the time period which is allowed for this. The basic retirement visa requirements are as follows:
- You will have to be 50 years or older when you apply;
- You will have to have at least 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account; or
- You will to have a monthly income of at least 65,000 Baht a month; or
- You can also have a combination of both income and money in a Thai bank;
- You will also need a Thai issued health certificate for the 1 year visa; and
- You should not have a criminal record.
Speak to our Thai immigration lawyers in Bangkok, Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand with regards retirement in Thailand and the combination of income and deposit in a Thai bank account and about any criminal record you may have as some applicants from the US mainly may have a DUI from when they had been very young and you need to speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand in this regards. Call us toll-free from the US or UK or speak to us on-line now.