Getting Married in Thailand
Each year many couples from all around the globe come to Thailand to get married. There are marriage requirements which needs to be met by you and your Thai fiancee and this can be done rather easily if you know what the requirements are for you and your fiancee. Firstly you need to ensure that you speak to a Thai lawyer in Thailand first more so if you are taking your Thai wife back to your home country. Also if you are considering a prenuptial agreement or apply for a US Visa later for your Thai spouse this would be a good start. See our side bar on the right for our main website and also our live help.
The following are the very basic marriage requirements for getting married in the Kingdom as a foreigner. If both you and your fiancee are foreigners then you and your fiancee would need to ensure that both of you follow the same document requirements or better yet allow us at Siam Legal to register your marriage for you today. With offices in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui, Chiang Mai and Phuket we are best able to assist you.
- Couples must be at least 18 years old;
- They must no be blood related;
- They can’t have the same adoptive parents;
- They must be single;
- Must be free to marry.
As a foreigner you need the following documents when registering your marriage in Thailand. The documents you will need are listed as below:
- Copy of your passport and arrival card;
- If you are divorced a copy of your divorce decree;
- If you are a widow a copy your your wife’s death certificate;
- A letter from your embassy to state that you are single;
- The letter from the embassy needs to be verified at the Foreign Affairs Office in Thailand
- A copy of your fiancees house papers; (If she is Thai)
- A copy of her ID card; (If she is Thai)
Normally we at Siam Legal do this for all of our clients as many don’t want to deal with all the red tape in Thailand. There are many options with regards to how fast you want this done. There is an express marriage and a normal marriage certification process. Speak to us on-line and register your marriage in Thailand today without having to worry about all the red tape and procedures with regards to documents. Call us today on our toll-free UK and US numbers or speak to us live with our on line chat. See our main website for more details.